Aki Uyama
The Japan Times
"Farmers in new no-go zones face tough calls over starving livestock"
Shingo Ito (AFP-JIJI) Wednesday, May 25,2011
Summary:
The farmers in Katsurao, Fukushima are being forced to make tough calls on whether to move their live stock to safe areas and incur huge costs,slaughter their animals or leave them to their fate. Prime minister Naoto Kan's government banned people from going within 20km of the nuclear power plant last month and has recently instructed farmers in no-go zones to slaughter thousands of cattle and other livestocks.
Three vocablary words:
・slaughter/ to kill a large number of animals
・livestock/ animals that is feeded by farmer
・no-go zones/ no one will be allowed in from as early as the end of this month
Comment:
After reading this article, I imagined that if I eat the beef, chicken or pork these are highly contaminated. I hope I won't eat that kind of foods. I am really sorry to slaughter livestocks, but most important thing is our health, right? In this article, farmer in Fukushima checked for radiation as cows feed but I think it is not enough for safety and they need to do it for cows also. I thought we lost one of important source of daily product made in Japan.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿